The Remodel Area Supervisor is responsible for the management and development of a group of Retail Service Merchandisers/Lead Merchandisers, and for representing Acosta, our clients, and our customers by effectively supervising and managing remodel work. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and is effective at leading and managing a geographically distributed team. They must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.
Position requires candidate to travel to designated locations to oversee and participate in remodel projects. This is a hands on manager level position.
Provide effective leadership and management to Retail Service Merchandiser/Lead Merchandiser team in assigned geographic area by interviewing and hiring candidates, on-boarding and training new associates, managing performance and career development, managing conflict and personnel issues, and providing coaching and support.
Develop a strong understanding of Acosta’s business model, Client and Customer details and expectations, and the specific details of the remodel work processes. Work in the field at multiple periods of time to ensure remodel requirements. Provide backup support for remodel work as needed.
Manage assigned remodel to completion, on time, and with high quality results. Review remodel details to verify schedule is accurate and achievable, and supporting documentation is current and correct. Assign remodel work to Retail Service Merchandisers/Lead Merchandisers and ensure that all jobs have the appropriate level of support. Monitor progress and audit remodel work. Answer questions, solve problems, resolve personnel issues, and adjust resources as needed. Ensure the delivery of all materials, supplies and equipment necessary for assigned remodel work.
Partner with store personnel and Remodel team to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss schedules and changes, meet goals and expectations, and build an effective working relationship. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
Report and discuss observations, issues, and business solutions with Remodel Manager.
Effectively and accurately work with web based applications to receive notification of remodel work, receive and review work documentation and information, maintain Retail Service Merchandiser/Lead Merchandiser profiles and assign remodel work, monitor progress and status of remodel work, record and manage work mileage, work expenses, and work time and attendance, and complete and manage training activities. Utilize and fully understand Acosta’s retail reports and reporting systems.
Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned remodel work for Retail Service Merchandiser/Lead Merchandiser team.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Understand and follow all Acosta and Customer policies and standard operating procedures.
Minimum of 2 years management/supervisory experience. Prior sales agent, retail, customer service or remodel responsibility experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
1. Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate effectively with others.
2. Must be able to work effectively in web-based applications and email, word processing, and spreadsheet applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
3. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
4. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in a car for extended periods of time.
5. Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product, shelving, or displays of up to 60 pounds.
6. Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores) for limited periods of time.
7. Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack. Must be able to climb and stand on a step stool or ladder.
8. Must be able to travel and work in assigned location for a 4-week period
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.